Restricted Operators Licence

Learn more about your responsibilities with free advice and guidance on
0800 998 9126

Free Advice

0800 998 9126

Send An Email

Email Us

Get In Touch

Who it’s for

Vehicle users who plan to carry their own goods while in the United Kingdom or European Union will need to apply for this type of licence. A Standard National Operator’s licence or International Operators Licence is required by anybody who needs to transport or deliver goods they do not own.

Certain Advantages

Drivers with a Restricted Operators Licence do not need to work with a CPC qualified transport manager. This is a considerable advantage as less cash resources are required to prove financial stability.

Ongoing Support

Companies who provide services such as scaffolding or skip hire generally use this type of licence. It was created to allow vehicle users to transport goods they own, products they have produced or equipment they intend to hire. It is important to remember that carrying goods that are not your own products for the purposes of delivery is strictly prohibited.

Suitability Example

European & Offshore Licence for international hauliers who wish to obtain Non-UK Operator Licences and Community Authorisations, for guaranteed access to markets.

Consultation and Advice

The consultation includes the opportunity to discuss the responsibilities you have as a licence holder. Any questions you may have about applying for Goods Vehicle Operator’s licence can be answered and you can also check to ensure you’re able to provide all of the relevant information before continuing with your application. The Traffic Commissioner requires all applicants to disclose details of any previous licences and inform them of any prosecutions, bankruptcies or other issues that may affect the decision.

Operator Licence Application

Designed to increase the chances of a successful application, this package includes rigorous checks of all supporting documentation and ongoing guidance throughout the process. We prepare your maintenance agreement, usage consent letter and public notice, which is published in your local newspaper. Liaising with the Traffic Commissioner’s office throughout the process, we ensure that you are registered with the Traffic Area Network online so you can take advantage of their self service option after your licence has been granted.

Your Options?

Your options can be discussed during your application and one of our representatives will be available to answer any questions you may have. Please note that this package does not include the cost of the mandatory Goods Vehicle Operator Licence Notice or, commonly referred to GVOL Notice, or the application and licence fees that the Traffic Commissioner requires with each application or variation to a licence.

If you believe you may have an especially complex situation that may require additional support and guidance then please call directly on 0161 961 0182 for an informal and in-confidence discussion.

View our other licences here.


Application Service

Our £189 ‘Restricted Operator Licence Application Service’ package has been created to ensure your application is processed quickly,
About Us

GVL Management Limited is the leading UK based transport consultancy established in 2014. We provide support and guidance to operators of commercial goods vehicles.

Contact Us

0800 998 9126

Get In Touch